Somebody asked me what made me feel hopeful. Here’s my answer:
- Days I wake up and feel happy even though I have nothing to look forward to
- Days I wake up and know exactly why I feel happy and that’s the best
- The tiny, ridiculous victory of not sending a drunk text
- A free drink, bought by a…
Here are some things I’ve probably learned by now. Please note that some of these things I should have learned by now but it hasn’t quite set in yet. Please note that some of these things I am so, so close to finally getting. I am a sloppy work-in-progress.
- Everything is worse and better and bigger at night and in the exact moment you’re having it, and then it’s just ‘oh wah no big, dirt off my shoulders I wasn’t sobbing ALL NIGHT or anything’
- cry it out, run it out, talk it out, ice cream it out, just get it out of heeeaaah
- I don’t care how stupid this SOUNDS but wearing a good nice outfit sure makes you feel great as hell, so do that
- Smile every once and a while and sit up straight and people won’t constantly think you’re the lady in the corner who’s gonna burn down the place
- You can’t burn down the place but you should fantasize about it
- I don’t care how old you are, fantasize as much as possible
- It’s your body, goddamnit, so you decide what to do with it, okay POLITICS?!??!
- If you are going out drinking, leave a bottle of iced tea in the fridge for the morning and you will liken yourself to a GOD come sunrise
- Call your mother or whatever family member is required to hear your boring bullshit because most people don’t want to hear that
- If you have to ask a friend if “YOUR CRUSH” likes you, they don’t.
- No really
I have the deepest affection for intellectual conversations. The ability to just sit and talk. About love, about life, about anything, about everything. To sit under the moon with all the time in the world, the full-speed train that is our lives slowing to a crawl. Bound by no obligations, barred by no human limitations. To speak without regret or fear of consequence. To talk for hours and about what’s really important in life.